Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Monday, August 2, 2010

what's your choice?

if you have a choice, what will it be?

     1) SAHM - having lots of quality time with family, seeing your kids grow, being able to take care of family, 24/7 day "work", no pay, no benefits, no rest days...

OR


     2) working mom - with pay & benefits & rest days, no worries about having a regular income, bills being paid on time, but lesser quality time with family??

1 comment:

  1. i am in the middle and i am loving it! ever since having my baby, i opted to work part time/freelance. downside is i don't have regular benefits of a FT employee like insurance and paid vacations but atleast there's "some" income and flexible schedule which is a top priority for me since we don't have any househelp over here, and nobody else to do the work but me and my hubby. It's easier to take off from work when my son is sick, go to work late and leave work early due to drop off and pick up sched at my son's school. i love taking care of my son and spending QT with him, but i am more tired on days that i am with him all day than on days that i go to work. it's nice to catch a break from feeding, picking up toys, doing the laundry, potty training and such 3 or 4 days a week and switch gears and do another thing i am equally passionate about, which is my career/craft/job. i think this kind of balance keeps me sane and helps me navigate the ever challenging world of parenthood. i think i will go bonkers if i was either a SAHM or FT working mom, both are too extreme for me. mid way works best as i am finding out now. good luck to you rics. don't worry, you're doing a great job both as mommy and wife! atleast you have one helper, ako, i have none. i am the nanny, driver, labandera, etc etc all rolled into one. i have a boss when i go to work, then another boss when i get home. neverending ang trabaho 24/7 but for some reason i manage and breeze through each day. just hold your chin up and think that you are doing the best you can! take care!

    ReplyDelete