Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Saturday, August 28, 2010

girl-boy friendship

someone recently confided in me that there's a buzz going on around their office about her and her married boss. she said that there is really nothing going on between the two of them but just plain friendship. i trust her of course, but the guy, well i can't judge him since i do not know him.

so, that girl-boy friendship thing, is it for real?

my husband is a non-believer. well for girl-boy bestfriends, that is. hehe. he said that there is no such thing. if there is, it's bound to end in a relationship, a.k.a bf-gf relationship.

i myself used to have some close boy friends. now some of them are just a contact in facebook, some are hi-hello friends and some are just like strangers to me. it's as if we didn't know each other. i thought that i just lost contact or they ended up with a girl who doesn't like me so they cut ties. hehe.  but come to think of it, i also chose it to be that way and distance myself from them, as a sign of respect for my husband and for their partners as well. hey, i'm not against this girl-boy friendship. me and my husband started with this and we ended up perfect for each other :)  all i am saying is, there should be a line, a boundary. you could share the whole of you to your partner but not to a friend. you could tell your partner everything, but you keep some from your friends. your concerns are your partner's concerns as well. a friend sympathize with you. it's not really limiting the friendship but leaving no space for doubt for your partner and for your friend's partner too.

i think a relationship starts with a good and honest intent from both sides. if it's for friendships sake, then it is for friendships sake. as simple as that. if a single boy wants to pursue a single girl, and the girl likes the boy, then it will lead to a deeper relationship. if just one intended for friendship, and the other wants a different thing, then it wont go anywhere.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment