Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

helper issues

this morning, i finally had the courage to face our helper of almost 1 year. i don't know why it took me so long to do so. perhaps i'm just not confrontational as what others think or maybe i fear for our safety especially for my kids.

like others, she was ok at first. she was even worried because she wasn't doing anything much at home. well, our apartment is just small and we don't have lots of stuff to begin with. i do the cooking for all meals cos she doesn't know how to cook. clothes and bedsheets are mashine washed. she does the ironing only once a week. cleaning could be done in a few minutes since we don't have much stuff. we don't even have a sala! so i can say that work for her should be easy. and guess what? her day off starts saturday afternoon and goes home monday morning.

the problem started when i noticed that some of my money was missing. started with just the coins then some Php20, Php50 and then the piggy bank. this prompted us to purchase a cash box with lock. it didn't stop there. she even gets money from my wallet which is inside my bag that's inside my room. if there's big amount missing, i'll ask her to look for it cos "it must have fallen from my bag" and then she'd "find" it.

for the past weeks, i noticed that she's masungit, mabigat ang paa, nagbubuntung-hininga, she's not responding when we call her, etc. i know she's not tired. mind you, i do most of the work at home. i seldom go out. i go out when i bring raya to school. that's it. last night was the last straw. she went out to go to the store [i think] without saying anything to me nor to my mom who was there. she just passed by us. when she got back, i asked her if there's a problem. she didn't answer.

so this morning i again asked her if something's wrong. she didn't answer. so i let her sit and talked to her. good thing gelio was there too with me to talk to her. i didn't expect her to deny everything even if we cited some incidents! i was thinking she will just keep quiet. but no! hay....  

anyway, she said she'll buy ticket. sana nga umalis na sya. i want her to pack in front of me. my wedding band is still missing. we talked to our family and the guard in our village already.

are we so lenient? maybe we have to go through this to learn the expensive way.  :(  an officemate of my husband advised me to set the rules right from the start. i'll do that. i've listed [in my mind] the rules for the next helper/yaya. i'll be strict this time. if i see something's wrong from the start, i'll have to confront her. i should NOT be scared that i'll lose a helper or that she might hurt my daughters. the more i should act on it to prevent anything bad happening to my family. anyway, i AM the boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment