Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Sunday, May 8, 2011

motherhood first

happy mother's day!
no special plans today. husband is in london for his annual incentive trip. im trying to save. im working on a project with my mom. and mom doesn't really feel like going out. besides, we already had a family dinner and coffee last week. so we just plan on having a massage later :)

anyway, it is mother's day. so let me share about my experieces as a mother.


with my girls

one thing i've learned is that motherhood is hard. it's a tough 24/7 job one shouldn't take lightly.

when i resigned from the company i used to work for 7.4 years, most comments i received were: how envious they are of me, they didn't see me as a stay-at-home-mom, and what a big sacrifice i was making. i was happy to take that leap and knew that it will be a different and hard life ahead of me. like anything else, you don't know what you're in for unless you are in it. the responsibilities for somebody else's life (2 for me) is so great that it is so overwhelming. its not only just the big things like paying for their education and insurance, taking care of their health, and forming their values. small things matter a lot. the words that you say to them, the amount of time you spent with them, how it is spent, the people you leave them with, the different things that you can and can't do with them compared to other kids, and so on. and there is  also the "smaller things" too such as the food they eat every single day, the clothes they wear, the toys they play, the shows that they could and could not watch, activities, books, hygiene, and so much more. i really have to be on  my toes all the time. even on my ME time, i am thinking of them. i have to.

i am honesly scared. how i am as a mother will reflect on who or what they will be as a person. what i try to do is pray more and pray harder. that's the only sure weapon i have that i know wouldn't fail. i think being scared is ok. it makes me a better person by being and doing good. it is true that motherhood brings out the best in a person. i am not a patient person. now i am trying to be one. i am not a good cook. but i cook every meal. if not, they will go hungry and of course i don't want that. i am not a teacher. but i try to teach them. at the same time, i learn too. i became creative as well not only in the arts and crafts field, but in ways to make boring days fun or how to get them to eat or learn. haha.

there is so so so much more.  despite the advice you get from your mommy friends, from the books that you read, articles you read in blogs and newspaper or any media, or even from your own mother, one wouldn't fully know what it is to be a mother. and i didn't completely realize it until i finally became one.

it actually took me so long to realize that the first step to making it a bit easy is to accept and embrace the role that God has given me. for the longest time, i am seeking my role here on earth. and its just right there infront me -- its called motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment