Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

is this it?

once again, the Day Off Ladies Club met up last saturday and had a great time together, chit chatting over a sumptuous lunch at Cerchio, a new restaurant at scout limbaga street in QC. i was running late and so forgot to bring my camera with me. shucks.

surprisingly, there was a question thrown at me at that time which i also have been asking myself past couple of weeks. i was a bit taken aback hearing it out loud, more so in the honesty of my answer. the question was

"are you ok with your life now?"

and i answered slowly, yeees, sounding as if i was not so sure :) it's hard. it's different now. one aspect is that i feel kinda guilty for not  contributing financially in our household. i used to be employed and though my salary was just small, at least i was able to help my husband. i don't want for my husband alone to carry the load of working for the family. i don't want him to be pressured because he is the only one supporting our family. i feel helpless in this part.

i have also asked myself if this is it? shall i be a forever mother and wife? i know there is no changing the fact that i am a wife and mother. and i am so blessed to be those. but, will i be somebody else on the side? a good baker? a brilliant photographer? a cook? a successful businesswoman? little by little, i try whatever i feel like doing. as to when to go full blast on other things, and whether ill be good at it, well, only time can tell.

i was assured by my 'co-mothers' that i shouldn't be guilty. for one thing, God had really set our roles. and that parenting and being a stay at home mother is indeed very tough. they could attest to it. :) its so good to hang out with these girls! they are so true, and talks with sense!

can i just share that i recently read that

studies show that each commom interest between people brings about a 2% increase in life satisfaction.
anyway, going back, i know that i am capable. someday i can attach another title next to "mother and wife". for now, God wants me to devote most of my time to my supportive husband and charming girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment