Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Thursday, October 7, 2010

i am

i'm in my thirties, married, got two kids and yet it still surprises me on the things i discover especially about myself. i learn and grow because i am a wife and a mother.

a lot of my friends say that they never thought i would be a housewife and a stay at home mom. maybe because i used to organize events which requires partying all night. i was also into sports which requires me to train in the mornings and afternoons and even on weekends. i have diverse set of friends whom i hang out with every week. in short, i just go home to sleep, take bath and change clothes :)

well, that's the teenage life. married life and motherhood is different. and i can say that it brings out the best in me :) i have my kids to thank for. raya, a toddler and, robin, an 8-month old baby. and of course, a very understanding and supporting husband. 

in this new phase of my life, i became more patient (tho i need to stretch it some moooorrree!) especially when it comes to tending to raya's constant need of attention and robin's  assurance every time she cries for no reason at all. it takes a lot of effort not to spank raya when she is being a brat. and can i just say more patient with my husband? (sorry mahal!) well, men are from mars. period! haha! i try to forgive easily. how can i not be when a "sorry" is followed by a hug and a kiss from a kid? i try to be creative too so as to turn a boring day to a fun filled day. it could be a baking day, or a puzzles day or a time at the park day or an ice cream day, etc. i also find creative ways to teach raya about numbers, alphabet, how to write, drawn, and talk about God. i can also cook now. well on a regular basis. im still not that good but at least my family isn't hungry. i think i am more practical too. again, ive learned the expensive way. buying things that are of no use. realizing later on that i could buy stuff at a cheaper price. i now found out that some things are really not worth buying. i am not selfish, but i learned to think of myself less. tending to my family's needs is on top of my list. its ok for me if i don't get an 8-hour sleep, just as long as i rise up early and prepare their things and breakfast. i learned to be a kid again where playing is fun. its both a learning and bonding moment for us.

there are plenty of things, really. sometimes i myself could not believe that i could do it. so i just offer a prayer of thank you to God for allowing me to be better and for seeing it. for giving me these special people who could bring out the best in me. i am humbled. 

it makes me want to be a better person. to seek and know God more. so i could pass this on to them. cos the joy and peace it brings... its so amazing!


1 comment:

  1. can very much relate :) but it is still a BIG challenge for me to wake up in the morning and prepare the breakfast for them..it usually Alvin who does that...much to the dismay of my Mama! ..kaya kudos to you! (hopefully, I can change that hehe )

    ReplyDelete