Welcome to my blog!

Through my words, thoughts & experiences, I'd like to share that

life,

whatever happens,

is indeed beautiful!


walk with me...

About Me

Friday, March 2, 2012

a visit to the province


about a week ago, me and raya went to the province. we've been meaning to visit sorsogon, bicol for the longest time already to visit my lola. i can't remember the last time i was there. i was really young then. it's the hometown of my mom. it's how as i remembered it, just a few changes especially since they are trying to renovate their ancestral house.


even the chairs and tables are still there!
i even have a pic of me here while i was a kid!

it was just me and raya since hubby have an event from work. i didn't bring rob with us since i cannot handle the two kids alone. bringing yaya is not an option :) besides, i don't know what to expect once we get there, and rob still so young, and there is still a land travel of 1.5 hours from legaspi to sorsogon, and then lola is sick, everyone busy, etc. i know there will be a next time.

anyway, its a different trip this time. a different experience especially for raya. it was her first to go to a province. first time to sleep in a different house. first time to see a sick person ...

it must have been the tube and lola being bed ridden that scared raya

first time to meet a special child, in this case, my mom's brother, tito bong (or lolo bong for raya).


we visited a barangay and gave clothes, shoes and candies. it was also a first for raya and so she just stood in a corner and observed.




its true what they say that time is slow in the province. my daughter noticed that and keeps on saying "im bored". good thing i brought her activity book and puzzles to keep her occupied. thanks too that tito rodel is there to play with her while i sleep and sleep and eat and eat. and thank God for grammy's new iphone 4s for her to tinker with.


the bed and the framed Mama Mary are older than my mom


it wasn't that bad. as i've said, naninibago lang. we were there to visit my sick lola and to celebrate her 92nd birthday. raya helped fix flowers and entertain guests.




we also visited some beaches. we didn't swim. just took pics and breathe lots of fresh air.

rizal beach



bulusan lake

some of these might be new to raya. she observes and try the new things. while i on the other hand, relinquished the past, look at old photos, hear stories, met with relatives and enjoyed the food.

fresh fish. laing

puto. suman
pidot, the adoptive son of lola, cooks well


mom's family


till the next adventure. and hopefully we'll be able to go around more and see places such as the magnificent mayon volcano. and next time, i'll bring my hole family.






No comments:

Post a Comment